Your Data Matters
What data do we hold about you ?
- Name, address, date of birth.
- Referrer details: self-referred / GP / Friends & Family / Work Doctor
- GP name and address and consent to share information
- Details of how you will pay for services
- How you heard of us.
- Whether we can send you emails and SMS appointment reminders
- Your mobile phone number
- Home / Work telephone contacts
- Your preferences for services ; clinic location, time of day.
- Consent to treatment
- Consent to information sharing
- Agreement to marketing and newsletters
- Information about Psychological services.
Why do we process it ?
- Help our services deliver more useful interventions
- Improve the quality of our service and develop new ones
- Conduct analytics for regulation, quality improvement and to understand how you use our services
- We are processing your data in order to provide the activity of psychological treatment of Disease, Disorder or Injury.
- Processing your data is necessary to provide you with a safe, caring, responsive, effective and well-led service.
- The lawful basis of processing personal data is by consent, this consent is gained by your completion of the registration and consent form.
You can control how we use this information and will be given the option to outline your preferences via our registration and consent form which you will complete prior to receiving treatment.
We are working to develop electronic systems to enable you to change your settings/preferences online.
How long do we retain data ?
Records relating to psychological treatment of Disease, Disorder or Injury are retained from 6 years from last contact, or 8 years from the death of the patient.
We hold a registration with the Information Commissioners Office as Data Processors and you have a right to complain to them if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Our Data Controllers are working towards ISO27001 Certification Information Security Management Standard and are currently provided to the practice by Preori Management Systems.
Our email is currently provided by Office 365 please see their data privacy statement https://products.office.com/en-gb/business/office-365-trust-center-privacy
The Insight Network ensures that all your personal data and emails relating to your care are encrypted and stored in a secure environment.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679
- Rights to be informed how you / your children’s data will be used
- Rights of access
- Rights to rectification and Data Quality
- Right to erasure including retention and disposal
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights to automated decision making including profiling
Requesting personal data
You can request a copy of your own personal data held by The Insight Network by emailing us at the address below and completing a request for records form.
The data controller is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. For The Insight Network these are; Dr Stephen Pereira, Neelam Sharma & Lucy Walker
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites, as such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Although every effort is made to preserve your privacy, The Insight Network may need to disclose personal information when required to by law. If it is deemed necessary that such action needs to be taken the Insight Network will comply with judicial including Coroner’s proceedings should a court order or legal process be served on The Insight Network